Sometimes it’s great to go back to basics to make sure that you’re having the best possible experience on your mobility scooter. Quingo Scooters are always encouraging users to be safe and comfortable when driving their mobility scooters, so we’ve put together some top tips to prepare you for your best journey yet!
- Before driving your mobility scooter, it’s important to get as comfortable as possible. Remember to always place your feet on the footplates.
- Now you can switch on your mobility scooter. This is the point where you should check to see if the battery level indicator is in the green area. If not, make sure to charge your scooter. We’ve put together a useful guide to charging your mobility scooter on the blog previously.
- Pull in your right hand accelerator lever slowly to enable your scooter to move off. The more you pull the lever, the faster your scooter will go. As you get more accustomed to the lever’s functionality, you can increase the speed.
- To brake, release the lever. If you become unsure or if you feel unsafe then release the lever.
- When turning, slow down and look in the direction you wish to travel. If you come up to a blind corner you should sound your horn.
- If you’re taking any medication at all, it’s very important that you check with your doctor that you’re ability to drive your mobility scooter won’t be affected.
- When it’s time to get off your mobility scooter, make sure that you’ve stopped safely on a flat area. Remember to turn off the ignition and remove the key before you get off.
- For more information to help you have the best experience possible from your Quingo, be sure to have a read of your handbook and service manual.
- It’s always a good idea to have a read of the Highway Code regarding mobility scooters, to learn more about the rules that govern driving mobility scooters both on the road and on the pavements. You can find this at uk.
The Quingo Scooter range features six models to suit your needs and budget. New models are now available from just £22/week on our new contract hire scheme which includes all servicing and maintenance, Insurance, Roadside Recovery, Call Outs and Consumables including Batteries and Tyres. For more information on this or the latest Quingo Scooter range, please visit our website. Alternatively, if you have any Service questions you can always contact us or call customer services on 01582 430 900.
Keep up to date with the latest mobility scooter advice, tips and interesting places to visit on the Quingo Scooter Users Blog. Connect with Quingo and keep up to date with all our latest news on Facebook and Twitter.
All Quingo Personal Mobility Vehicles are provided by Forever Active, the UK’s exclusive distributor. Forever Active is a trading name of Advantage Marketing Corporation Limited (AMC). AMC Limited is an appointed representative of First Senior Insurance Services Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. First Senior Insurance Services FSA Register number is 308478.