Quingo Scooters understands that some users depend on Disability Living Allowance (DLA), to finance their mobility scooters. But the government is moving from DLA to a new system and this could deprive up to 700 people per week of their Motability vehicles. If you’re one of these people, don’t worry, as Quingo Scooters provides a range of flexible scooter hire services for you to take advantage of.
DLA is being replaced with Personal Independence Payment (PIP). This comes with an allowance for enhanced mobility. Due to strict criteria, you may not qualify for this allowance under the new system, even if you depend on a mobility scooter to get around. However, we are pleased to offer alternative solutions if you are affected by this.
Quingo offer flexible finance options on all of our scooters, which will allow you to own your mobility scooter. However, we also understand that not everyone wishes to buy their scooter. This is why we offer our easy term contract hire on all models. This is a more flexible option than Motability, available on a 2 or 3 year term. Most importantly, our contract hire scheme does not require you to be receiving high level DLA or the PIP enhanced mobility payments.
Easy term contract hire
Coupled with a higher level of insurance, our easy term contract hire option is more flexible than Motability.
When you opt for contract hire, you can have your Quingo Scooter with just one simple monthly payment, allowing you to use your mobility vehicle without worrying about the cost. With contract hire, you’ll also receive the following benefits, ensuring you get real value for money with Quingo Scooters:
- Fixed monthly cost: You will benefit from a fixed, low monthly rental fee that won’t rise in your hire period, making it easy for you to factor mobility into your budget long-term.
- Demonstrations services: Before hiring a Quingo Scooter, you can ask one of our friendly and knowledgeable mobility advisors to give you a full demonstration and assessment, for free, in your home.
- Training programme: During your demonstration, you’ll be offered the chance to take our Blue Diamond training programme, to learn how to use a mobility scooter safely. We would advise you to take advantage of this training programme, but you won’t be required to.
- Full customisation: After you’ve selected your model, a completely qualified Quingo engineer will deliver it straight to your door. The engineer will customise the model according to your exact specifications, so you can be as comfortable a possible when using a Quingo Scooter.
- Maintenance services: You can ask Quingo to conduct any necessary services, maintenance or repairs on your scooter. We will include call outs in your hire contract and we will even supply you with speedy roadside scooter recovery services, every day of the year.
- Comprehensive insurance: If your Quingo Scooter gets damaged for any reason, you can benefit from a comprehensive insurance package, when you hire one of our models. This includes fire & flood damage cover, accidental damage cover and theft cover for loss or damage. We also include tyre and battery cover, for up to two Quingo Scooters with our easy term contract hire.
Value for money
With so many benefits, you can get real value for money when renting a Quingo Scooter on an easy term contract hire basis. Our prices start from as little as £22 per week, allowing you to get around on a safe, stable, quality Scooter without stretching your budget too thin, even if you won’t receive the enhanced mobility component in the government’s new PIP programme.
The Quingo Scooter range features six models to suit your needs and budget. New models are now available from just £22/week on our new contract hire scheme which includes all servicing and maintenance, Insurance, Roadside Recovery, Call Outs and Consumables including Batteries and Tyres. For more information on this or the latest Quingo Scooter range, please visit our website. Alternatively, if you have any Service questions you can always contact us or call customer services on 01582 430 900.
Keep up to date with the latest mobility scooter advice, tips and interesting places to visit on the Quingo Scooter Users Blog. Connect with Quingo and keep up to date with all our latest news on Facebook and Twitter.
All Quingo Personal Mobility Vehicles are provided by Forever Active, the UK’s exclusive distributor. Forever Active is a trading name of Advantage Marketing Corporation Limited (AMC). AMC Limited is an appointed representative of First Senior Insurance Services Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. First Senior Insurance Services FSA Register number is 308478.